10 January 2018

Queer Legacies: Transforming Practice in Museums and Galleries post-2017.

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Topics to be addressed include:
Have LGBTQ collaborations and events in the museum and gallery sector during 2017 created a permanent legacy?  Have they helped to challenge and change the ways in which museums and galleries look at and share their collections, how they operate and how they collaborate with diverse communities?  The conference explores the challenges and successes of projects over the past year, from the point of view of museums, galleries and the communities with which they have collaborated, and the legacy that is transforming the ways in which the sector works.

Speakers include:
Matt Smith (Chair): Artist and curator. In 2015-16 he was Ceramicist in Residence at the Victoria & Albert Museum. Solo exhibitions include Queering the Museum at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery (2010-11) and Other Stories at the University of Leeds (2012). He holds a PhD in Queer Craft from the University of Brighton and is Professor of Crafts at Konstfack University of Arts, Crafts and Design in Stockholm, and Honorary Visiting Fellow at the University of Leicester’s School of Museum Studies.
Mirjam Sneeurloper and Maik Mirkovic on Transmission (2015-16) at Amsterdam Museum;
Beth Asbury, Clara Barker and Jozie Kettle on Out in Oxford (GLAM Oxford); 
Martin Pel, Ellie Newland and members of the Project’s Youth Team on Wear it Out: Queer Looks at Brighton Museum;
E-J Scott on the Museum of Transology at Brighton Museum; 
Clare Barlow on Queer British Art, Tate Britain;
Alice Cox on Refracted at Russell-Cotes Museum, Bournemouth;
Mark Wilson and Vivien Walsh on Never Going Underground at the People’s History Museum, Manchester.

Further details can be found and bookings made via the Eventbrite page.

For enquiries, please contact the Booking Office at the Royal Pavilion & Museums, tel 03000 290900


2 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO UPSTART LOAN AM NOW FINANCIALLY STABLE . upstartloan@yahoo.com
    I am Michelle Huxford from Casper, Wyoming. I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so emaciated due to lack of good food and my 2 kids age 5 and 8 were not also good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan agency that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan agency UPSTART LOAN INC ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) who grant him 245,000 USD loan at an affordable rate. He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found in the quest of seeking for loan after been scammed by various fake loan lenders online. He gave me their email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call (574) 301-1639, That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDERS( UPSTART LOAN INC) VIA email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or call +1 (574) 301-1639 to resolve your financial mess.
    ...........................

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless Edward Jones Loans for Helping Me In Time Of Need {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com}

    Good Day I am Vanessa Cowen from California and i have a broken up business, until i found this company who help me to gain a loan for business, and now i want to used this short medium to congratulate the company for the fast and safe funds they loan to me without any form of delay, i loan 180,000.00USD from the company at a very low interest rate of 2% to save my business and lots more. i first saw their mail on the internet, everyone always give testimony for what they did, so i quickly contacted them and they all did everything for me without stress and my funds was sent to my account within 24hrs, i was surprise and feel glad, now i now have a standard business control agent who help me, now i will advice those who need urgent loan to contact them now via email : {jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text him +1(307) 217-5388...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.